Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
For this stand out opportunity we are seeking an experienced Lead Designer .The opportunity could also appeal to a motivated Senior Designer looking for their next challenge.
Our ideal candidate would consider themselves both creative and technical and enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience working as a Game Designer on at least three published games in a multidisciplinary team.
- A proven track record of leading a design team in making top tier mainstream AAA console games to bleeding edge unannounced platforms.
- Be willing to take ownership and drive forward design in their areas of responsibility.
- Be a creative thinker able to provide new and fresh ideas for both high and low-level gameplay.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of gameplay philosophy and reasoning.
- Unreal 4 experience is a must.
- Have a solid understanding of all disciplines.
- You will need to have plenty of experience of dealing with clients and publishers and have demonstrable verbal communication skills.
- Must have an absolute passion for games.
- Demonstrable communication and presentation skills that sells the vision to fellow team members, product management and external clients.
- You will work as a Lead Designer.
- You will be brain storming and developing ideas, documenting game designs.
- Taking ownership of features of the game.
- To deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
- Working directly with the teams other disciplines (art, code, audio) on a day to day basis.
- To produce core systems and technical designs.
- To implement designs into the game
Please include your CV, a cover letter, and if you have one link to your website or portfolio. Please remember that we make games and games are fun so it we would love to receive a well-written and passionate cover letter.
- The promotion of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion concerns all of us and is the responsibility of all members of our community. It is expected that we will all contribute to ensuring that Climax Studios continues to be a safe, welcoming and productive environment, where there is equality of opportunity, furthered in an environment of mutual respect and dignity.
- The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising our individual differences. We understand that simply having diversity in our work force is not enough; we look to create an inclusive environment where all people can contribute and reach their full potential.
- Inclusion is engaging the uniqueness and talents, beliefs, backgrounds, capabilities and ways of working of all individuals, joined in a common endeavour, to create a culture of belonging, in which people feel valued and respected.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops